Joliet, IL Central Air Conditioners & Service
Residential air conditioning has come a long way since the 1950s and 60s, evolving the window air conditioner into a much more powerful and energy-efficient, refrigerant-based central air conditioner. But your central air conditioner can only work as reliably as possible with the right team installing and servicing it.
- We Provide Fast Repairs, Any Time of Day or Night
- Our Maintenance Program Ensures Your System Stays in Great Shape
- You Can Trust Our 75+ Years of Experience
You can rely on the skill of our technicians whether you need a new central AC system installed or replaced. Just reach out to our team today.
We’re the team to turn to for reliable central air conditioner services. Call J&A today, sleep tight tonight!
How a Split Air Conditioner Operates
A split air conditioner is so named because it splits operation between two units: the indoor evaporator and the outdoor condenser. The two connect through refrigerant and power lines. The outdoor unit contains the compressor, which does the job of placing the system’s refrigerant under the high pressure that will turn it into a hot gas. This unit also holds the condenser coil and an exhaust fan that releases the heat from the refrigerant to the outside.
The cooled–down refrigerant from the condenser coil passes through a thermostatic expansion valve, which lowers the refrigerant pressure and cools it off further. The refrigerant, now a cold liquid, travels indoors to the evaporator. As it moves through the evaporator coil, it absorbs heat from the air and lowers the air’s temperature. A blower fan sends the cooled air into a ventilation system that distributes the air around the house. The refrigerant, a warm gas once again, travels back outside to the compressor, starting the cycle anew.
We Cover All Types of Central Air Conditioning Repair Needs
Central air units from the top HVAC brands are designed to last for many years. But they can’t always operate without encountering malfunctions. You don’t need to worry if your central AC needs any of these repair jobs, however, since you can reach our air conditioning experts 24 hours a day!
- Recharging lost refrigerant: The refrigerant lines, either inside or outside, can develop leaks that will allow the air conditioner’s refrigerant charge to drop. This will affect its performance and lead to a broken compressor. Technicians can seal the leaks and restore the appropriate refrigerant charge.
- Cleaning the coils: If either the indoor or outdoor coils develop excess grime over them, it will lower the AC’s efficiency. Technicians will effectively and safely clean the coils.
- Replacing burnt–out motors: The strain on the motors that run the fans and the compressor can eventually overwhelm them. Our technicians can replace these motors when they fail.
To help prevent these problems from occurring in the first place, sign up for our Comfort Club: you’ll receive annual AC maintenance that will fend off many potential malfunctions.
Contact Us for All Your Central AC Needs in Joliet, IL
Whether you want to sign up for our regular maintenance plan, you’re looking to install the first split air conditioner for a new home, or you have a central air unit that isn’t behaving the way it should on a hot day, simply call on Johansen & Anderson Inc. Our NATE–certified technicians will take care of whatever work you need done, and they’ll get it right the first time. Contact us today and make us your air conditioning contractor of choice in Joliet, IL and the surrounding areas.