Zone Control Systems & Service in Joliet, IL
Although central heating and cooling has provided better comfort over the decades than any other type of HVAC system before its time, it does have a drawback. This is that it sends conditioned air to every vent in the home, forcing you to cool or heat the entire home whether or not you just need one room conditioned. A professionally installed zone control system from Johansen & Anderson Inc can resolve this.
- We Stay on the Cusp of the Latest HVAC Technology
- Our Maintenance Program Ensures Your System Stays in Great Shape
- We Provide Fast Repairs, Any Time of Day or Night
HVAC technology offers great solutions to your home comfort, with zone control systems being one of them. Whether you have a new house being constructed or want to inquire about retro-fitting one into your existing home, we’re here to help.
Reach out to learn about zone control systems or to service your zone control system. Call J&A today, sleep tight tonight!
How a Zone Heating and Cooling System Operates
In order to control which rooms (or "zones") in a home receive conditioned air from the AC or heater, a series of dampers that can create airtight seals need to be placed into the ducts. The HVAC system also must be able to adapt airflow through ventilation system so that when the dampers seal off sections of the ducts, the air pressure throughout the rest of the system doesn’t increase.
Each damper has its own control thermostat, which is installed in its respective zone. This permits a person in that zone to alter the heating and cooling level. These local thermostats network into a main thermostat control panel that allows the homeowner to oversee the climate throughout the building.
Should You Install a Zone Air Conditioning and Heating System?
You can probably already think of a number of reasons why zone heating and cooling is advantageous. Below are the main household benefits of zone control:
- Energy savings: For large homes or homes with guest rooms and other areas that are often unoccupied, a zone control system eliminates an enormous amount of extra labor for the HVAC system. And that means lower energy bills.
- Personalized comfort: A zone control system can actually provide a more peaceful home life! No more bickering with family members about the house’s temperature, since each person can adjust the temperature to their liking for wherever they are.
- Even comfort distribution: The proper handling of cooling/heating in the zone allows for a more even spread of conditioned air through the house, with fewer places that are too hot or too cold.
Call Us for Zone Control System Services in Joliet, IL
Installing a zone control system is a complicated task, and you should only look to a company with extensive HVAC experience to perform it. Johansen & Anderson Inc has been around since the dawn of forced–air heating and cooling, so you can trust that our NATE-certified technicians will get the installation job done right the first time.
Should you encounter repair issues with your zone controls such as broken dampers or thermostats that have lost their connections, you can depend on us to fix it. In Joliet, IL you only need to "Contact J&A Today, Sleep Tight Tonight!"