Ductless Systems & Service in Joliet, IL
Conventional central split air conditioners are still the most popular AC systems for homes in Joliet and beyond, but they aren’t the only AC system! Have you considered the installation of a ductless system? Ductless mini-splits have grown into highly efficient and powerful options for home cooling, and our team is the one to call for installation and service.
- We Are Your Best Source in Joliet for Ductless Mini-Split Services
- We Stay on Top of the Newest in Comfort Technology
- Our HVAC Techs are in the Top 5% of NATE-Certified Professionals in the State
We’ve been in business since 1946. We’ve kept our old-fashioned values of hard work and skill while staying up to date and on the cusp of cutting-edge technology and products.
Ready to learn more about ductless systems and our ductless services? Call J&A today, sleep tight tonight!
The Basics of Ductless Mini Splits
Ductless air conditioning and heating operates through a series of small air handlers that are placed in rooms around the house, usually mounted on the wall above windows. These air handlers take the place of the single indoor unit of a heat pump that connects to ducts. Each air handler contains a refrigerant coil and a blower fan, and it sends out the conditioned air directly into the living spaces.
To circulate the refrigerant for heat exchange, each of the air handlers connects through a hole in the wall behind them to a single outdoor cabinet. This cabinet contains a compressor, refrigerant coil, and fan, and is almost identical to the outdoor cabinet found in standard split systems.
Should You Install a Ductless Air Conditioning and Heating System?
"Why consider a ductless mini split system compared to the tried-and-true ducted system?" We often hear this question, and in some cases going with a conventional split system is a better choice for a home. But there are other cases where the many advantages of a ductless heat pump will win the day:
- Improved energy efficiency: Ductless mini splits have smaller mechanical parts and motors and use less power than split systems. They also don’t lose or gain heat through ductwork, which helps improve energy efficiency further.
- New construction flexibility: If you’re building a new house or remodeling your current one, going ductless removes the space–consuming problems of ducts. This means more construction freedom. And ductless systems are also great for older homes that simply don’t have space for ducts.
- Zone control: Each air handler can be operated independent of the other, so you only need to heat and cool the rooms that need it. This is another way that a ductless system can cut down on your energy bills.
Our Ductless Heating and Cooling Services in Joliet, IL
Ductless systems can last for many years and don’t suffer from troubles like duct leaks. But they can run into problems, such as leaks in the refrigerant or condensate lines behind the air handlers or broken motors. When any such malfunctions pop up in your ductless heat pump, you can contact our repair technicians any time of the day or night for repairs. Our Comfort Club can also help you avoid future troubles with regular maintenance visits.
No matter what service you need for ductless heating and cooling you need in Joliet, IL, you can depend on Johansen & Anderson Inc. Contact J&A Today, Sleep Tight Tonight!