Air Filtration Systems and Air Purifiers in Joliet, IL
Your HVAC air filter has an important job: to keep debris out of the unit and off of sensitive components. It can’t, however, comprehensively reduce the number of particles, contaminants, or household products that could be lingering in your air. For this, you’ll need an expertly installed air filtration system or air purifier.
- Helping Families Stay Comfortable Since 1946
- We Provide Fast Repairs, Any Time of Day or Night
- We Are Dedicated to the Integrity and Skill of Our Original Owners
The air moving through the living space of your household could contain high levels of dust, hair dander, chemicals, volatile organic compounds, smoke, dust mites, bacteria, and mold spores. These pollutants can have a large negative effect on people who suffer from allergies and asthma and can cause health troubles for anybody if they’re in large enough concentrations.
Lower your indoor air quality risks with our air filtration and air purification services. Call J&A today, sleep tight tonight!
Choosing the Right Air Filters for Your Home
Air filters work on a simple principle: a mesh of fibers attracts and stops particles trying to move through them. The right type of air filter installed into your HVAC system can remove more than 98% of contaminants such as dust, dander, lint, carpet and furniture fibers, dust mites, and other debris moving through the ductwork.
However, you must rely on a professional to find the right kind of filter, since there’s a variety of different filter efficiencies, measured as MERV (minimum efficiency reporting value). A high MERV rating means a filter that will stop smaller particles—but it may also place too much strain on airflow from the HVAC system. An indoor air quality specialist will assist you with picking the ideal efficiency of air filter to meet your needs.
Types of Air Purification Systems
Air purifiers differ from air filters because they don’t use mesh fibers to trap pollutants. Instead, most air purifiers run from electrical power and eliminate contaminants without placing any strain on the air flow. They can target smaller types of airborne particles than filters (chemicals, smoke, volatile organic compounds, bacteria), and they work well in combination with a standard filtration system.
There are a number of different air purification systems available, but these are the two most common:
- Electronic air cleaners: These air purifiers use ionization to draw contaminants out of the air and trap them. The corona discharge from the purifier causes unwanted particles to develop either negative or positive charges, after which they are pulled down onto a pair of oppositely charged plates. The plates can be easily removed and cleaned.
- UV air purifiers: If your home has problems from mold spores, bacteria, viruses, germs, and other organic pollutants, a UV air purifier is one of your best options. These purifiers use ultraviolet lights to disrupt cellular functions in cells, safely eliminating them.
Contact Us for Air Filtration and Air Purification Services in Joliet, IL
Eliminating the unhealthy contaminants from your home’s air doesn’t have to be a major chore. Johansen & Anderson Inc will make it easy. When you call us, we’ll pair your HVAC system with the set of filters and purifiers that will do the top job possible for cleansing the air.
Any time in the future when you need repairs for a purifier or replacements for your filters, you can depend on us to take care of the job. We care about your family’s well–being in Joliet, IL and the surrounding areas. "Contact J&A Today, Sleep Tight Tonight!"