Have you ever had an air conditioning problem that you tried to fix all on your own? This is typically one of the fastest ways that homeowners realize their air conditioning system is incredibly complex. You’re going to need a professional to assist you with almost any problem that you have in your home. You can call our team if you want to catch air conditioning problems early.
If you let an air conditioning repair issue continue on unchecked it can eventually result in a big breakdown in your home. This is the last thing you want during a summer here in Illinois. If you realize you need air conditioning repair in New Lenox, IL make sure you contact our offices.
If You Notice These Signs Call Our Team
Here are a few major warning signs that you need to contact a professional for your air conditioning repair services.
- Short Cycling: This is a common occurrence in homes across New Lenox. Short cycling is a term that describes an air conditioner starting and stopping frequently. If you’re unfamiliar with the term “short cycling” you might recognize the term “hard starting.” The fact is that this type of occurrence puts immense strain on your compressor and your air conditioner overall. Don’t run your air conditioner into the ground.
- Hot and Cold Spots: Do you feel like one part of your home is on fire while others are always freezing cold? The problem is with your air conditioner. Hot and cold spots pop up if you have a problem with your filters, compressor, or venting system. Make sure that you contact a professional team when you need great work.
- Your AC Bills Are Out of Control: Sometimes you have trouble with your air conditioning system but there aren’t any physical signs. If you’re trying to seek out the symptoms of a surreptitious AC issue, start with your cooling bill. If you’re running your air conditioning system regularly but you can’t account for the sharp increase in your bill it’s time to call a professional HVAC technician.
- Ice on Your AC Unit: If there is one thing that you shouldn’t ever see on your air conditioning system, it’s ice. A lot of homeowners try to sweep this warning sign under the rug because it’s an issue that doesn’t actually effect the efficacy of your cooling. Don’t try to work around this or scrape the ice off of the system. Contact our team at the first sign of trouble.
- Weird Noises: Your air conditioning system isn’t exactly silent, but you shouldn’t hear much coming from it. You might hear a click upon startup or a soft hum as the system runs and compressor turns on. If you start to hear noises that are a little louder than usual it’s time to call our technicians. Common odd noises you’ll hear include hissing, grinding, rattling, or squeaking. Each noise indicates a different problem. We’ll help you pinpoint the source and eliminate the problem.
Contact us at Johansen & Anderson Inc to schedule an appointment with our team today.