If you’ve ever worked with the professionals on our team, then you know that we don’t recommend DIY work. We always think that you should go with service from a trained professional before you try to solve the problem on your own. However, changing your air conditioning filter is one easy thing that homeowners can always do.
We’re going to walk you through a few of the details surrounding changing your air conditioning filter below. But before we get into this, we want you to take the time out to schedule an appointment for air conditioning service in Joliet, IL.
How Your Filter Helps
We want to make one distinction clear here: your air conditioner’s filter is different from an indoor air quality filter. The air conditioning filter works to protect the inside of the air conditioner from contaminants, dust, and other airborne particles in your house. An indoor air quality filter is something separate, although we can help you with this if you’re interested.
Although an air conditioning filter works to help your home, it can start to harm your home and air quality if you let it become too dirty.
Why You Should Change It
Are you wondering why you should go through the hassle of changing your air filter? Well, first, we want to assure you that it’s really not that much of a hassle.
- A clogged filter ruins your air conditioner’s efficiency. This means that it will be much harder for the air moving through your air conditioning system to actually flow out into your home. You’ll also notice higher air conditioning bills because of this.
- A clogged filter can lower your indoor air quality. A clogged filter will lower the efficacy of your air filter and make it much easier for dust to get through the filter and seep out into your vents and circulate through your house.
- A clogged filter can eventually lead to an air conditioning breakdown if you let it go on for too long. The extra stress on your blower fan’s motor as a result of a clogged filter can cause a circuit breaker to trip.
Overall, it’s a bad idea to neglect your air conditioner filter. Make sure that you’re giving this filter the attention it deserves at least once a season.
How We Can Help
Let’s say you want a little more preparation for the spring and summer seasons—we understand—it gets hot here in Joliet, IL after all. We can help you do this. We have a maintenance program you can enroll in that includes the following.
- An annual tune-up of your heating and/or cooling system with a convenient reminder call
- A 15% discount on future service repairs
- A $25 annual equipment credit
- Priority emergency service
- Automatic regular inspection
- A transferrable agreement
We want to accommodate every homeowner’s needs so we provide three tiers of our membership agreement. You can find out more about them here.